Art Quote

"All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography."

Frederico Fellini



I collect aphorisms and quotes. When I read this one, I paused to reflect on the words and their meaning. I thought about how long art has been a part of my life. It is true that when you think about your art, you realize that it does tell the story of your life.



Friday, October 8, 2010

A RETURN TO PARIS~Part One

We returned a couple weeks ago from one of the best times I've ever had.  It's going to take a very long time to organize the 1500+ photos; but I thought I'd share just a few now.

We had a private tour of the American Ambassador's residence.



 There were elegant museums with rooms decorated in the time of Louis XV.


 We walked miles and miles and saw the beautiful Grand Palais and Alexander III bridge.

Beautiful flowers everywhere!


I loved the shop windows.  They were art too.  This is Christian Louboutin.
  Check the spikes

Tres elegante!

We walked uphill and down in Montmartre.
So much beautiful art.  This is titled "Bal Blanc" (white ball).

And some crazy art.  "Conglomerate" by Victor Brauner.

Sometimes in our wanderings, we came upon something totally unexpected.
  This is the Passage des Princes.

And the food!
And temptations!


We drove to the Chateau de Chantilly.  A James Bond film was photographed there.


And of course, the Eiffel Tower and the


Seine.

Ready for some more???

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for your photos,
    it is a pleasure to see
    your "regard" on Paris

    ReplyDelete