Art Quote

"All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography."

Frederico Fellini



I collect aphorisms and quotes. When I read this one, I paused to reflect on the words and their meaning. I thought about how long art has been a part of my life. It is true that when you think about your art, you realize that it does tell the story of your life.



Sunday, March 20, 2011

~More Haiku~

Poetry just comes when I am full with emotion.  I like the brevity and the simplicity of Haiku.

   
Paris is Beauty
The parks, the art, the river
Paris fills, lifts, heals.
(2008)



Loss and aloneness
Is living without living.
Beauty fills the void.

(8.15.09)



Simmering summer
Blazing days and sultry nights
Florida August.
(8.1.09)

I was thinking of my friends in Denver when this one came to me.....
Old friends remain near
In my minds’eye, in spirit~
Distant companions.
(7.22.09)




Footprints fade away
Remembrances of happy days;
Beach bums together.
(3/5/09)




Wave after wave flows
Rhythmically on to shore; the
Heartbeat of the sea.



This Haiku was created for a special friend's birthday card~
You, my friend, transform
Plain and simple into the
Extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment