Art Quote

"All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography."

Frederico Fellini



I collect aphorisms and quotes. When I read this one, I paused to reflect on the words and their meaning. I thought about how long art has been a part of my life. It is true that when you think about your art, you realize that it does tell the story of your life.



Friday, September 17, 2010

"May the Earth always Speak to your Spirit"~


I've always had a love affair with nature and I hope that love is reflected
  in the subjects
 of my artwork and photography.

Waterlilies 
 I've spent alot of time at the Denver Botanic Gardens and it's beautiful water garden.
Deserts

The stately saguaro of the Sonoran desert in Arizona are breathtaking.
Most people think of deserts as barren; in fact, they are full of life.

Coastline
I loved the rocky Maine coastline.  This is Camden Hills State Park.
Walking the rocky slabs is just as much fun as a sandy beach and treasures abound!
Beaches and Ocean
Brohard beach in Venice.





The Gulf beaches have been particularly inspiring.
  I love the days when the Gulf is that beautiful shade of Cobalt Teal.
The beautiful sunset on the Outer Banks, North Carolina.


Trees

Aspen grove along the Colorado Trail. Walking here was like walking
down the aisle of a grand cathedral.
More Aspen in late September when the aspen turn a brilliant gold.
 (This is a manipulated polaroid.)

Clouds
How would you describe this?

Plants
Sea Grapes in late summer.


Sand Dunes
Unusual coral colored sand dunes; Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, Utah.
It was serendipity that led me here.

Swamps
Audubon Swamp Garden near Charleston, South Carolina.
I fell in love with cypress "knees".

Geological  Wonders

Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park~simply magnificent.
I don't think I'll ever get enough of Yellowstone.

A favorite quote by Frank Lloyd Wright describes my feelings about nature perfectly~
"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.”

1 comment:

  1. I wasa searching for a lovely quote of Audrey Hepburn's on going outside but it eluded me...
    I love your pictures-they remind me of all the landscapes I haven't experienced waiting out there for me to say, "Hello!"
    merci
    carolg

    ReplyDelete